- Angela’s Mixtape: You have only four chances left to see this musical journey written by and starring 2007 Pulitzer Prize drama-award finalist
Eisa Davis (who’s also an accomplished actor and singer, who made waves as the mother in Passing Strange). Davis’ music-driven autobiographical show is an affectionate look at her compliated relationship with her namesake aunt, Seventies radical Angela Davis. (The actress’ full name is Angela Eisa Davis.) 8 p.m. daily, through Saturday, May 2. (Thursday and Friday are already sold out, so hurry!) At the Ohio Theater, 66 Wooster Street, Manhattan; (212) 868-4444 or www.smarttix.com. $20-$35.
- The Last Goodbye: The first of three concert readings of this in-development musical marriage between William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet and Jeff Buckley’s music is already sold out. Tickets are rapidly disappearing for the remaining two shows. It has a talented young cast and a strong creative team. It seems like a combination that can’t be bad, and could be sublime. 9:30 p.m., May 11 (sold out), May 25, and June 1. At Joe’s Pub, 425 Lafayette Street, Manhattan; 212-967-7555 or www.joespub.com. $12.
- Stew and Heidi take back the songs of “The Total Bent.” @ Joe's Pub instagram.com/p/B2QB8-AFbSd/… 1 month ago
- Philadelphia got Joanna Newsom first on this tour, and that’s where we saw her. Mind blowing solo performance. New… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Please retweet to Darlene if U know her handle!!! twitter.com/espyem/status/… 1 month ago
- A big thank to the entire @SeaWheeze team for putting on a great event. Particular thanks to a packer named Darlene… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Lera Lynn on the final night of City Winery on Varick Street. #theloft @ City Winery NYC instagram.com/p/B0mgvWdFJeJ/… 2 months ago
Will You Miss Me When I’m Gone? Calendar
- (Le) Poisson Rouge Asphalt Orchestra BAM Bang on a Can Bang on a Can All-Stars Bill Bragin Bill Million Brenda Sauter Broadway Brooklyn Bryce Dessner Christian Gibbs Colman Domingo Dave Weckerman David Lang Doveman Ed Seifert Fela! Free Georgia Hubley Glenn Mercer Heidi Rodewald Hoboken Ira Kaplan Jeff Tweedy Jennifer O'Connor Joanna Settle Joe's Pub John Baumgartner Julia Wolfe Lincoln Center Lincoln Center Out of Doors lohud.com Manhattan MASS MoCA Maxwell's Michael Gordon Music Nels Cline New Amsterdam Records New CIty Nico Muhly North Adams Nyack Passing Strange Pat Sansone Piermont Rockland County Rockwood Music Hall Sahr Ngaujah Sam Amidon Sharon Van Etten Solid Sound Festival Speed the Plough Spike Lee St. Ann's Warehouse Stanley Demeski Steve Reich Stew Stew & The Negro Problem Terry Riley The Bell House The Bongos The Bowery Ballroom The Feelies The Journal News The National The Negro Problem The Public Theater The Turning Point Todd Reynolds Tom Chapin Toni Baumgartner Wilco Yo La Tengo