- I just started following Rivertown Film on #Vimeo: vimeo.com/rivertownfilm 1 month ago
- What a lovely way to spend a hot, socially distanced afternoon with beer, bees, goats, ducks, and chickens.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- Pecan Valley Sunday: At 9:57 a.m. on July 5, the area still smelled strongly of black powder. #fireworks @ New City… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- I just started following Signature Sounds on #Vimeo: vimeo.com/signaturesounds 4 months ago
- Do people seem to be driving much faster — and dumber — since the pandemic took hold? Maybe it’s because the cops s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
Will You Miss Me When I’m Gone? Calendar
October 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- (Le) Poisson Rouge Asphalt Orchestra BAM Bang on a Can Bang on a Can All-Stars Bill Bragin Bill Million Brenda Sauter Broadway Brooklyn Bryce Dessner Christian Gibbs Colman Domingo Dave Weckerman David Lang Doveman Ed Seifert Fela! Free Georgia Hubley Glenn Mercer Heidi Rodewald Hoboken Ira Kaplan Jeff Tweedy Jennifer O'Connor Joanna Settle Joe's Pub John Baumgartner Julia Wolfe Lincoln Center Lincoln Center Out of Doors lohud.com Manhattan MASS MoCA Maxwell's Michael Gordon Music Nels Cline New Amsterdam Records New CIty Nico Muhly North Adams Nyack Passing Strange Pat Sansone Piermont Rockland County Rockwood Music Hall Sahr Ngaujah Sam Amidon Sharon Van Etten Solid Sound Festival Speed the Plough Spike Lee St. Ann's Warehouse Stanley Demeski Steve Reich Stew Stew & The Negro Problem Terry Riley The Bell House The Bongos The Bowery Ballroom The Feelies The Journal News The National The Negro Problem The Public Theater The Turning Point Todd Reynolds Tom Chapin Toni Baumgartner Wilco Yo La Tengo
Category Archives: Preview Tracks
Singer-songwriter Jamie Block shows he gets the rhythm of Rockland County life with Whitecaps on the Hudson
With the new album officially out, the long-MIA anti-folk artist is performing again, too
Nothing about Jamie Block suggests he’s a man of few words — just a man who doesn’t waste words.
For years, it even showed in his performance identity: Block. Not Jamie Block, just Block, thank you very much.
It seems that he was saving the words for his songs, which on his latest (and long-overdue) album, Whitecaps on the Hudson, are perfectly crafted stories of a man whose life has had some twists and turns.
It’s a memorable work that reminds us why the music world has been much poorer during Block’s overlong absence.