Bruce Jackson used to rub elbows with hip hop figures like Heavy D, and Pete Rock & CL Smooth. Now he’s a corporate lawyer for Microsoft. The Mount Vernon, New York, man spent some time sharing his story with me for The Journal News/lohud.com. Check out the full interview by tapping or clicking here. Or pick up a copy of Tuesday’s edition of The Journal News at a newsstand.
- 'B' Girls #burgerrecordsbeachbash @ Coney Art Walls instagram.com/p/BW3aSsRjXlb/ 12 hours ago
- Habibi's first show in 4 years. #burgerrecordsbeachbash @ Coney Art Walls instagram.com/p/BW3X2I4jlmP/ 12 hours ago
- This morning, a holiday 5k. #declarationday5k @ The Captain's Table instagram.com/p/BWFc3noDWvm/ 2 weeks ago
- Looking forward to a big Foley Field finish around 8:10 PM or so - 5 miles is a fair piece to… instagram.com/p/BV8OHSUjZvO/ 3 weeks ago
- You know him, you love him: Dave Weckerman of @TheFeeliesNJ at #solidsound2017 @ MASS MoCA instagram.com/p/BVx33gMDLjc/ 3 weeks ago
Will You Miss Me When I’m Gone? Calendar
- (Le) Poisson Rouge Asphalt Orchestra BAM Bang on a Can Bang on a Can All-Stars Bill Bragin Bill Million Brenda Sauter Broadway Brooklyn Bryce Dessner Christian Gibbs Colman Domingo Dave Weckerman David Lang Doveman Ed Seifert Fela! Free Georgia Hubley Glenn Mercer Heidi Rodewald Hoboken Ira Kaplan Jeff Tweedy Jennifer O'Connor Joanna Settle Joe's Pub John Baumgartner Julia Wolfe Lincoln Center Lincoln Center Out of Doors lohud.com Manhattan MASS MoCA Maxwell's Michael Gordon Music Nels Cline New Amsterdam Records New CIty Nico Muhly North Adams Nyack Passing Strange Pat Sansone Piermont Rockland County Rockwood Music Hall Sahr Ngaujah Sam Amidon Sharon Van Etten Solid Sound Festival Speed the Plough Spike Lee St. Ann's Warehouse Stanley Demeski Steve Reich Stew Stew & The Negro Problem Terry Riley The Bell House The Bongos The Bowery Ballroom The Feelies The Journal News The National The Negro Problem The Public Theater The Turning Point Todd Reynolds Tom Chapin Toni Baumgartner Wilco Yo La Tengo