Bruce Jackson used to rub elbows with hip hop figures like Heavy D, and Pete Rock & CL Smooth. Now he’s a corporate lawyer for Microsoft. The Mount Vernon, New York, man spent some time sharing his story with me for The Journal News/lohud.com. Check out the full interview by tapping or clicking here. Or pick up a copy of Tuesday’s edition of The Journal News at a newsstand.
Follow Me On TwitterTweets by espyem
Will You Miss Me When I’m Gone? Calendar
- (Le) Poisson Rouge Asphalt Orchestra BAM Bang on a Can Bang on a Can All-Stars Bill Bragin Bill Million Brenda Sauter Broadway Brooklyn Bryce Dessner Christian Gibbs Colman Domingo Dave Weckerman David Lang Doveman Ed Seifert Fela! Free Georgia Hubley Glenn Mercer Heidi Rodewald Hoboken Ira Kaplan Jeff Tweedy Jennifer O'Connor Joanna Settle Joe's Pub John Baumgartner Julia Wolfe Lincoln Center Lincoln Center Out of Doors lohud.com Manhattan MASS MoCA Maxwell's Michael Gordon Music Nels Cline New Amsterdam Records New CIty Nico Muhly North Adams Nyack Passing Strange Pat Sansone Piermont Rockland County Rockwood Music Hall Sahr Ngaujah Sam Amidon Sharon Van Etten Solid Sound Festival Speed the Plough Spike Lee St. Ann's Warehouse Stanley Demeski Steve Reich Stew Stew & The Negro Problem Terry Riley The Bell House The Bongos The Bowery Ballroom The Feelies The Journal News The National The Negro Problem The Public Theater The Turning Point Todd Reynolds Tom Chapin Toni Baumgartner Wilco Yo La Tengo
- (Le) Poisson Rouge
- Bang on a Can
- Bold As Love The mainstreaming of Black rock music and the evolution of the new Black imagination
- BrooklynVegan It used to be about veganism, but now it’s all about the music!
- Bucketfull of Brains Music mag and blog
- CoolDad Music — Thoughts on mainstream indie music from a cooldad on the Jersey Shore Insights by a cool dad and generally nice guy into music I care about, and maybe you do too
- Darcy James Argue’s Secret Society
- Feast of Music — the name says it all
- Get answers to your movie questions
- Greg Sandow
- How Strange, Innocence (A blog by Katie Demeski, daughter of Stanley Demeski, drummer for The Feelies!)
- Life's a Pitch For immediate release: the arts are marketable
- Mass Culture Mozart
- Megan Hickey/The Last Town Chorus blog My favorite lap steel player posts a photo here, now with commentary, daily.
- New York City Opera’s blog
- Nico Muhly's blog
- NYC Free Concerts
- NYC Taper New York’s live music archivist
- Opera Mission
- Parterre Box
- Pitchfork A great source for pop music news and interviews.
- The Big Takeover: Music With Heart
- The Classical Beat — Anne Midgette's Washington Post blog
- The Music Slut
- The NJ Underground A blog that covers music and cultural news for those who don’t pump their own gas.
- The Rest is Noise A blog by the music critic of The New Yorker
- Todd Reynolds’ blog Great insight from one of the best violinists in the world of contemporary music — who also happens to be a great friend.
- Unquiet Thoughts Alex Ross’ blog for The New Yorker
Join 1,736 other subscribers