The author is a longtime professional journalist based in the New York-Metro area. He believes that the Carter Family is the root of everything good about American popular music, and named this blog in the Carters’ honor. Over time, you’ll likely see posts about things that are near and dear to the author’s heart — mostly related to music, but quite possibly also about theater, food, architecture and Rockland County, N.Y.
- I walked 0.66 mi with @MapMyRun. mmf.cc/10JIpxn #walk #walking 33 minutes ago
- I ran 5.53 mi with @MapMyRun. mmf.cc/10JHrRE #run #running 41 minutes ago
- I'm at New York Sports Club (Englewood, NJ) 4sq.com/11Rpbcv 8 hours ago
- I'm at Steven's House (New City, NY) 4sq.com/18XVTJe 10 hours ago
- I'm at George Washington Bridge (New York, NY) w/ 7 others 4sq.com/16BPOUj 20 hours ago
Will You Miss Me When I’m Gone? Calendar
Tags(Le) Poisson Rouge Asphalt Orchestra Bang on a Can Bang on a Can All-Stars Brenda Sauter Broadway Brooklyn Bryce Dessner Colman Domingo Dave Weckerman Fela! Glenn Mercer Heidi Rodewald Hoboken Jeff Tweedy Joanna Settle Joe's Pub Julia Wolfe Lincoln Center Lincoln Center Out of Doors MASS MoCA Maxwell's Michael Gordon New Amsterdam Records Nico Muhly North Adams Nyack Passing Strange Piermont Sam Amidon Sharon Van Etten Solid Sound Festival Spike Lee St. Ann's Warehouse Steve Reich Stew Terry Riley The Bowery Ballroom The Feelies The National The Negro Problem The Public Theater Todd Reynolds Wilco Yo La Tengo